Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A moment of clarity

When cleaning up yesterday evenng after making some cranberry bread for refreshments for a meeting about the Upper Delaware tomorrow afternoon, I realized that life was a series of choices. I could leave the dishes, or I could clean the kitchen up to whatever extent I wanted to.

It's a simple concept, but in this moment, it seems to be a truth that is a fundamental foundation.

Not only is the state of our minds a choice, every single action is one as well.

When you consider life like that: that I move my head, that I look around, that I take a breath, that I run my tongue around my mouth, that I pause when I write, that I hear the living of the forest from the window behind me, that I feel my feet on the soft bed, that the pen makes a noise when I write these words, then every moment is a symphony of action and choice. In that realm, the very basic of life, before you even get out of bed, is awe inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home