Sunday, November 04, 2007

Time, time, time

I gave myself the extra hour of daylight saving time at 9:34 a.m. on Sunday morning. I like to start my morning leisurely and never seem to have enough time to read, journal and contemplate before rising. This morning, I was skimming through magazines that a friend had given me at the close of a leisurely dinner out. I read about the Unitarian Universalist chaplain for the Maine Forestry Service, who stands with people as the rangers search for their loved ones. An essay about a woman who helped her friend die, following a terminal diagnosis of cancer, brought tears to my eyes and made we wonder about my next year’s coursework in palliative music care and its significance to the future path.

I choose to move the clock slowly and to watch the minutes tick back. As time reset itself, I wondered how many people have wished to set back the clock—how much of our lives we would simply rather avoid, or have a do-over.

In days ahead, I am hoping to keep my body on Daylight Saving Time so that I will get an extra hour in the light. I pray I will use it wisely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home