Saturday, May 19, 2007

Done, almost

There is finality to my activities now that classes are over. As I walked through the University of California at Berkeley campus last evening on my way to the Berkeley Sufi Dance Circle, I watched scores of undergraduate load up their cars, and head off to summer.

My own dorm slowly empties out, shifting belongs from one place to another. There is a room on each floor that returning students can store their stuff for the summer. I, on the other hand will be packing up my two boxes, that undoubtedly have become six, and send them back to the Upper Delaware.

I am well satisfied with my time here and feel that its purpose to root me in a spiritual quest has been achieved. An important lesson that I did not anticipate is that there are bonds of community, commonality and difference that are forged between peoples in a relatively small amount of time.

It is these connections that I will carry with me as I make my way back. It is in these connections that nothing is final at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home