Monday, December 15, 2008

Halfway through

I didn't really have any expectations about my immersion trip to Turkey beyond the idea that it would be a Starr King educational experience. I did not truly understand that I would be immersed in a Muslim culture from a Cosmopolitan perspective and a rural historical one.

I did not understand that it would give me the most amazing opportunity to connect with my own heart and strip away veils of unnecessary perceptions and long-held negative beliefs.

I did not know that I would come to know the color of my own heart and intention in the world. And I did not know that I would be touched with so much love.

I did not think that I would find myself to be the emerging spiritual being whose birth I had hoped for in going to seminary.

I only knew that I was coming to Turkey.

And in my ignorance, or in my innocence, or in that which is innately my way of going through the world, I have found that it is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home