Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Felting again



So I thought I was on a roll, with making a couple of felt rounds this afternoon and finishing them up this evening. After processing them a bit, bouncing them around in the dryer, I took them outside and photographed them in natural settings. I was feeling a bit inspired, almost like an artist.

I took the inflatable ball, tightly wrapped with felt all around into my room to use my sharpest scissors. I found the plug, marked a line and carefully snipped through the felt. I heard a hissing sound and knew that I had snipped through the rubber surface.

Annoyed, I pulled the deflated and ruined rubber ball out cavern and was happy to see that the felt was thick enough and would hold its shape without reinforcement. I cut the second one very carefully, making a small hole right over the plug and deflating the ball before cutting.

Artist or not, the only thing I can say it is that it is a good thing that in planning to get started with my felting again, I bought three inflatable 9-inch balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home