Monday, March 19, 2007

Out of the fray

I lengthened my time of sitting this morning to 25 minutes as an intention to enhance my experience of Centering Prayer. Having sat for a total of 80 minutes yesterday in silence and theoretically without thought, I had felt a certain calm centering following the last session.

This morning I had a dream that I was accompanying someone who was being chased, took over the lead in driving the “get-a-way” car, which, as oft happens in dreams, became a bicycle. At the end of the road I was riding on, there was a small incline. As I was having trouble pedaling the bike even on the flat, I dismounted. I had no energy for the hill and realized that I was not the focus of the chase. As I walked up the hill, it became grassy, and I was called to simply enter the woods to the right and remove myself from the street, from the chase and from the turmoil.

I think the choice to choose calm became apparent because of this new habit of sitting quietly each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home