Monday, February 19, 2007

Sunday night at the Cal library


I rushed over to the University of California at Berkeley library with dorm mate Elizabeth following a quick departure from our Sunday night women's prayer circle. She had to be at the Reference Desk by 8:45 p.m. to take out a couple of books that she could use over the President's Day holiday. She did not want to walk across the campus at night alone, so I accompanied her. I had often passed by the huge columned building, but had never been inside.

Awe-inspiring with marble staircases and high vaulted ceilings, just a peek into one of the reading rooms made me aware of how much knowledge and the pursuit of knowledge were once, and maybe still are, revered in our society.

My "Photography as Meditative Practice" class is compelling me to think of visual images as prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home