Saturday, June 24, 2017

First morning

I have arrived at M's house.  The travel was easy. There was a bit of a tight transfer in Denver and I walked briskly from Gate 21 to 93. Upon arrival at the gate the attendant asked me where I had come from. Gate 21, Newark.

"I wondered whether you folks might make it, you did well,"

I sat on the plane for about 15 minutes and at one point heard the cargo door open.  "My luggage," I thought.

And yep, there were a few anxious moments in Albuquerque, but there it was.  I was in New Mexico with all of my belongings.

It was 100 degrees there.  Arriving on the outskirts of Santa Fe, it was much cooler and there was a wind.  This morning I write from the back deck and I have my overalls and a fleece on.

I take some supplements to help with the altitude change. I'm at 7000 feet.

Today we will gather the gear together and prepare to go to the mountain tomorrow.

It has been a long time since I packed for an outdoor trip and I am remembering my days as a YMCA camp counselor.  I do feel like I am returning to my roots, which is a good thing as that is what I am after.

This morning while waking up, my mind was in a reflective space.  Am I really going to review my whole life in the week ahead?  There's a part of me that cringes with that thought.  There are truly some parts that I'm not sure that I do want to remember.

I remind myself that with this reflection there will be clarity and there will be grieving and, hopefully releasing.

In this moment I am thinking that it is enough to feel and not draw conclusions for those feelings.



1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thankful to you again for all the data you go out, Good post. I was extraordinarily enthused about the article; it's extremely awakening I should surrender. I like passing by you site since I by and large keep running over appealing articles like this one. Mind boggling Job, I colossally am appreciative for that. Do keep giving out! Regards.

My website : paper writing service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home